This accredited qualification is an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training. Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment. Subjects covered include the reasons for safe manual handling, manual handling risk assessments, principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety.
What is covered on this course?
Unit 1: Manual handling safety at work
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles.
It is assessed through a practical examination and a 30-minute, 15-question multiple-choice examination. Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course. You will also be given The Level 2 Safe Manual Handling handbook.
Where is this course held?
The 1 day course will be held in London or Essex and will be within walking distance of the train station. We are also able to deliver this course at your premises for groups of 8 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This course starts at 9:30am. Please arrive at least 15mins early.
- This course will finish at 4:30pm so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence).
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
£85 +vat (Group discounts available)
Chelmsford, Essex / Kings Cross, London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)