This qualification is designed for learners working in, or aspiring to work in, the construction industry. It will give learners the knowledge to undertake their jobs safely. Successful learners will fulfil the requirements to apply for the CSCS Labourer’s card. From July 2014 it has become a mandatory requirement for all new labourers wishing to achieve the CSCS Green Card to complete this qualification and pass the CSCS test.
Topics covered include common hazards and risks in a construction environment, safe manual handling practices, working safely at height and working safely around plant and machinery.
- Module 1: Know the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Module 2: Know the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- Module 3: Know the importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- Module 4: Know risks to health within a construction environment
- Module 5: Know the importance of working around plant and equipment safely
This qualification is assessed through a 39-question Workbook. Successful learners will gain a certificate and qualification for this course.
What is a CSCS card?
CSCS stands for Construction Skills Certification Scheme. A CSCS card provides people working on construction sites with a portable means of identity and proof of competence to carry out their work on site.
What is the course process?
1) Before the classroom training:you will be given a Health & Safety Booklet to read and study in your own time one week before the classroom day.
2) Classroom day:one of our highly experienced tutors will deliver the training and you will complete the course workbook.
Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course. This certificate is required for the CSCS labourers card along with you passing the CSCS test.
We can assist you with booking the CSCS test and applying for your CSCS labourers card.
Once you have completed this course successfully, you can book a CSCS test preparation workshop.
- This course starts at 9:30am. Please arrive at least 15mins early
- This course will finish at 4:30pm so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
Optional Extras Available
- CSCS Test questions CITB book £20 + VAT each
- CSCS Test (allow around 10 days from the classroom date) £30 + VAT each
- CSCS Card (allow max. of 15 days for the card to be delivered) £50 + VAT each
- The CSCS test can be booked for around one week after the course and you will be able to choose your CSCS location.
We are also able to deliver this course at your premises for groups of 6 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
£125 +vat (Group discounts available)
Chelmsford, Essex / Kings Cross, London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)