This course is useful for people considering a career in the care sector. The role of the care worker is to perform duties and tasks to facilitate customers to live in a safe, secure and comfortable way. This workshop provides you with a better understanding of the role and function of a Care Assistant and how that fulfils the needs for the service user/client.
What is a Care Assistant?
There are two types of Care Assistant: • A Care Assistant that works in a Care Home, caring for a number of people/clients in one location working with other care assistants • A Care Assistant that goes to the clients home and gives care mostly in a one to one environment.
What is covered in this Workshop?
- Show an awareness of the role of a Care Assistants
- Be able to define the varied tasks
- Have an understanding of the required competencies
- Understand the importance of communication
- Understand individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Understand individual Needs in Health and Social Care
- Be able to risk assess to ensure a safe environment
- Understand that everyone has the right to good quality care
- Knowledge of which legislations applies to Health and Social Care
Upon completion learners will gain a certificate of attendance.
Where is this workshop held?
The day workshop will be held in London or Essex and will be within walking distance of the train station. We are also able to deliver this course at your premises (UK wide) for groups of 8 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This course starts at 9:30am. Please arrive at least 15mins early.
- This course will finish at 4:30pm so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID.
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
Essex / London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)