This qualification is aimed at learners who work in an environment where coming into contact with hazardous substances is likely. This includes workplaces in areas such as manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and office environments.
The objective of the qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to recognise the risks associated with hazardous substances and how to control them in the workplace.
What is covered on this course?
Topics covered include:
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Hazardous Substances
- Substances Covered by COSHH Regulations
- Important Future Developments
- Routes of Entry
- The Effects of Hazardous Substances
- Monitoring and Health Surveillance
- Hazardous Substance Risk Assessment
At the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the principles of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand how hazardous substances can cause hazards and risks to health within the workplace
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled
Learners are assessed by a 30 minute multiple-choice exam. Learners must answer at least 9 out of 15 questions correctly to pass.
All learners will be given a COSHH level 2 handbook to keep and successful learners will get a certificate for this course.
Where is this course held?
The 1 day course will be held in London or Essex and will be within walking distance of the train station. We are also able to deliver this course at your premises for groups of 8 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This course starts at 9:30am. Please arrive at least 15mins early.
- This course will finish at 4:30pm so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence).
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
£85 +vat (Group discounts available)
Essex / London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)