The concierge serves guests of an apartment building, hotel, or office building with duties similar to those of a receptionist.
This programme has been designed for those seeking employment as a concierge. The programme consists of 6 separate qualifications which should give the learner a comprehensive knowledge and skill base in order to be an effective concierge.
Learners enrolled on this 10-day programme will sit the following courses:
- Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
- Level 2 Award in Customer Service (RQF)
- Level 2 Award in Safe Moving & Handling (RQF)
- Level 2 Award in the Principles of Fire Safety (RQF)
- Level 2 Award in Conflict Management (RQF)
- Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance)
What is a 'Concierge'?
A concierge is an employee of an apartment building, hotel or office building. The concierge serves guests of an apartment building, hotel, or office building with duties similar to those of a receptionist.
Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
This qualification is ideal for those already working, or preparing to work, within industry who wish to become an Emergency First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Subjects covered include Incident Management, Dealing with Shock, Dealing with an Unconscious Casualty, CPR and Minor Injuries.
The course covers:
- Responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- The respiratory system
- Dealing with the many different types of injuries
- DRSABC – Recovery position – Seizure – CPR – Choking – External bleeding – Shock – Cuts and grazes – Burns and scalds – Splinters – Accident Report
All learners will be given a First Aid Handbook to keep.
Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course. This qualification is valid for 3 years, however we recommend learners refresh annually.
Level 2 Award in Customer Service (RQF)
This qualification has been designed for delivery to any learner working or preparing to work in a customer service role or where using the telephone is a part of their role.
The qualification covers the principles of customer service including how to meet customer expectations, the importance of appropriate behaviour and communication techniques as well as ways to deal with problem customers.
- Module 1: Understand the principles of customer service
- Module 2: Understand how customer needs and expectations are formed
- Module 3: Know the interpersonal skills and appropriate behaviour required in the customer service environment
- Module 4: Understand the principles of responding to customers’ problems or complaints
This qualification is assessed through a 30-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 1 hour.
All learners will be given a Customer Service Level 2 Handbook to keep. Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course.
Level 2 Award in Safe Moving & Handling (RQF)
This accredited qualification is an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training. Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment. Subjects covered include the reasons for safe manual handling, manual handling risk assessments, principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety.
Unit 1: Manual handling safety at work
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles.
It is assessed through a practical examination and a 30-minute, 15-question multiple-choice examination. Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course. Learners will also be given The Level 2 Safe Manual Handling handbook to keep.
Level 2 Award in the Principles of Fire Safety (RQF)
The objective of the qualification is to support those involved in the management of fire safety within the workplace. This includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the causes of fire and common hazards. They will know the steps within a fire risk assessment and how to reduce the likelihood of fires.
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
This qualification is assessed by a 45 minute multiple-choice examination, where the learners must answer 12 out of 20 questions correctly to pass.
All learners will be given a Fire Safety Handbook to keep. Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course.
Level 2 Award in Conflict Management (RQF)
This course is for everyone as conflict can affect anyone in all areas of our lives, work and personal. Effective communication skills and conflict management techniques can significantly reduce incidence of violence.
- Module 1 Communication
- Module 2 Human Response in conflict situations
- Module 3 Assessing and Reducing the risk in conflict situations
- Module 4 De-escalating conflict in emotive situations
- Module 5 Good practice following a conflict situation
All learners will be given a Understanding Conflict Management Level 2 Handbook to keep. Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course.
Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance)
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) operators carry out guarding activities using closed circuit television equipment, to either monitor the activities of members of the public in a public or private place, or to identify a particular person.
This is a 4 day course. This accredited qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to work as a CCTV operative, as it provides the necessary skills and knowledge to apply for an SIA licence in this field. It has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). Subjects covered include roles and responsibilities of CCTV operators, codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines, CCTV equipment and operation and surveillance techniques.
Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry – Core Learning for Common Security Industry Knowledge – 1 day
- Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
- Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Emergency Procedures
- The Private Security Industry
- Communication Skills and Customer Care
Assessed by a 40 minute, 25 question multiple-choice examination. Candidates must achieve a score of at least 18 out of 25 to pass this unit
Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) – 2 days
- Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV Staff
- Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
- CCTV Equipment and its Operation
- Control Room Communications and Access Control
- Dealing with Incidents
- CCTV Surveillance Techniques
- Emergency Procedures in the CCTV Control Room
- Health and Safety at Work in the CCTV Environment
Assessed by a 1 hour 40 question multiple-choice examination. Learners must achieve a score of at least 28 out of 40 to pass this unit.
Unit 3: Practical use operation of CCTV equipment – 1 day Assessed by the tutor and externally moderated by HABC to pass this unit.
Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course.
*Learners successfully completing the Level 2 CCTV Operations course will be eligible to apply to the SIA for a CCTV licence. EndeavourUK are able to assist with this for an extra cost
CV writing and Interview skills workshop
We will work with candidates to assist in writing a CV.
We will also talk about interview skills and will include mock interviews to help learners feel more confident when attending real interviews
Where is this programme held?
This programme will be held in our London or Essex classrooms and will be within walking distance of public transport. We are also able to deliver this course at your premises for groups of 8 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This 10-day programme starts each day at 9:30am. Please arrive at least 15 mins early.
- This 10 -day programme will finish each day at 4:30pm so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
- At the start of the programme you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence).
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
Essex / London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)