SIA PERSONNEL SECURITY, EYES WIDE OPEN VIDEO This film shows the importance of SIA (Security Industry Authority) security staff and the need for the best training to support in the security role. This film will get you thinking about security, recognising suspicious behaviour and incidents. A Close Protection Operative (bodyguard) is a type of security operative/agent who protects a principle or client. Usually the person that is being protected is a VIP (Very Important Person) such as a celebrity, someone in governmental power or a very wealthy person. The general dangers are: theft, assault, kidnapping, harassment, loss of confidential information, threats, or other criminal offences.
Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry
This course covers the new requirements set out by the SIA in January 2015. This accredited qualification is ideal for those who wish to work as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry. It has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and provides the learner with the necessary knowledge and understanding of the Private Security Industry. To work within the UK Close Protection Sector everyone is required by law to have the SIA Close Protection Licence. In order to obtain this licence you will need to show the SIA that you are trained and have the Level 3 Close Protection qualification. This Close Protection course is designed to introduce you into the Close Protection industry with the highest level of training.
Course content you will cover to obtain the level 3 qualification is as follows:
- Close Protection Specialist Module
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Close Protection Operative
- Threat and Risk Assessment
- Surveillance Techniques and Awareness
- Operational Planning
- Law and Legislation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Close Protection Teamwork and Briefing
- Conduct Reconnaissance
- Close Protection Foot Drills (Walking Drills)
- Route Selection
- Close Protection Journey Management
- Search Procedures
- Incident Management
- Venue Security
- Conflict Management Module
- Counter Surveillance Procedures
- Powers of Arrest
Level 3 First Aid + Level 2 Defibrillation
Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF):
- Responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- The respiratory system
- DRSABC – Recovery position – Seizure – CPR – Use of an AED – Choking – External bleeding – Shock – Cuts and grazes – Burns and scalds – Splinters – Fractures & dislocations – Sprains & Strains – Head injuries – Spinal injury – Chest injury – Burns –Eye injuries – Sudden poisoning – Anaphylaxis – Major illnesses – Accident Report
You will be given a First Aid Handbook. Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course. This qualification is valid for 3 years.
Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (RQF):
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to take further training or to develop their knowledge and skills in this basic life support. It is recommended for first-aiders in the workplace and is also suitable for schoolchildren, as recommended by The Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Know how to safely use an automated external defibrillator.
- Be able to safely use an automated external defibrillator.
You will be given a defibrillator handbook. Successful learners will receive a Level 2 Award In Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an AED certificate which is valid for 3 years, however we recommend learners refresh annually.
Our tutors for this course are fully qualified tutors and have many years of Close Protection experience working with royalty, celebrities, people in governmental power, very wealthy people and people on witness protection.
Our Senior close protection tutor is currently one of only two people in the UK to have completed a PHD giving him a doctorate in security. He is also on the Board of Directors of The Security Institute.
This Close Protection course is 17 days (3 day First Aid / Defibrillation followed by 14 days Close Protection). Day one of this course starts at 9:00am. Full days, some early starts and late finishes depending on the exercise. To pass the course you need to attend every day. You will also have to pass a multiple choice exam.
Dress Code: As this is a commercial protection course, you will be required to dress smart at all times. Please ensure you bring with you a dark suit (NOT BLACK as you do not want to stand out as security), plain coloured shirts, plain tie (NOT CLIP-ON), smart casual trousers, black or navy blue socks and smart black shoes. It is mandatory that you wear a suit, collar and tie, and black shoes (not trainers or sports shoes) on day one of the course.
Remember! Professional, comfortable dress shoes as you will be practising plenty of walking drills.
Equipment to bring with you:
- USB (16G min) Memory stick
- 2 Passport Photos and ID’s (Driving license/passport preferred)
- Black pen and Notebook
- Camera (digital) or mobile phone with camera, plus all leads to connect to laptop and charger leads. The knowledge to upload onto the computer.
- Laptop computer – Software on the computer must include: Windows, Word, PowerPoint (you must have a basic knowledge of these software applications)
- A working watch
- A small size torch such as a Maglite
- Your current CV
- For courses in London, you will need an Oyster card to enable you to use public transport. If we are working out of the UK you will be able to purchase cards or bus tickets. All of this is your responsibility.
- You will require a mobile phone with credit. For our CP course outside the UK, you will be able to purchase a pay-as-you-go SIM card in the country where you are working. This is well recommended as it brings your overall costs down.
- Do not forget to pack for “wet weather”. Suitable waterproof jacket and umbrella.
Package price includes:
- Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
- Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF)
In order to offer our clients the highest level in training, EndeavourUK has linked with ATC Driver Training, one of the leading and most innovative independent driver training providers in the UK, to deliver Driver Security Awareness training.
Click here to view details of the Driver Security Awareness Programmes.
After you have completed the Level 3 Close Protection course you will have the opportunity to do a firearms course, this course is not in the UK as the UK firearms laws prevent this level of training. The firearms course is at an additional cost.
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
17 days (14 days Close Protection + 3 days First Aid/Defibrillation)
£1800 +vat (Group discounts available)
Essex / London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)