This qualification is ideal for learners wishing to become paediatric first aiders in a workplace with the responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. The course content aligns with the paediatric first aid syllabus within the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Subjects covered include the roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider, how to provide first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive, how to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of an automated external defibrillator. It also covers how to administer first aid to an infant or child who is choking, has a fracture or other conditions, such as burns, electric shock and sudden poisoning. All successful students will be issued with a Paediatric First Aid certificate.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking or has external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with an acute medical condition or sudden illness
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is experiencing the extremes of body temperature
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with burns and scalds, or or with suspected poisoning
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with anaphylaxis -includes demonstrating the use of a ‘training device’ adrenaline auto-injector
You will also be given a Paediatric First Aid Handbook. Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course.
This qualification is valid for 3 years, however we recommend learners refresh annually.
What is First Aid?
The immediate care given to a person who has been injured, or who has become ill prior to the arrival of qualified medically trained assistance. The main aims of first aid is to:
- Preserve life
- Prevent the Condition from Worsening
- Promote Recovery
Where is this course held?
These courses will be held in London or Essex and will be within walking distance of a train station. We are also able to deliver this course around the country at your premises for groups of 6 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This course starts at 9:30am each day. Please arrive at least 15mins early.
- This course will finish at 4:30pm each day so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence).
- Learners should dress appropriately as you will be doing CPR
SPECIAL OFFER FOR SCHOOLS & NURSERIES
We at EndeavourUK feel very strongly that schools should have all their staff first aid trained and nurseries should have all their staff Level 3 Paediatric First Aid trained and not only the minimum number required. We will therefore offer a discounted rate to schools and nurseries for all of our first aid courses. Please email us for this service.
- Reference from Kati Alcock HR Manager of Seymour House Day Nursery Schools:
“Seymour House Day Nursery Schools have worked closely with EndeavourUK over the past 5 months, in order to ensure that our nursery practitioners are fully qualified in First Aid. We wanted to ensure that as a nursery chain we far exceeded the minimum legal requirements for numbers of qualified First Aiders in the workplace, by aiming for a 100% qualified team.
The whole experience of working together with EndeavourUK has been seamless, from liaising with Chris when planning the dates, through to the flexibility of the trainer coming to our various locations to provide the training in-house.
All the training was facilitated by the tutor in a very professional manner and to a high standard, and our staff felt the content was very valuable and relevant to them. I will not hesitate to use Endeavour UK again for any of our First Aid training needs.
- Reference from Natasha Taylor MONT.DIP Principal of Buttercup Montessori Kindergarten:
“Paediatric First Aid trained staff is essential within a nursery environment however to implement this can prove to be a costly process. EndeavourUK has enabled Buttercup Montessori Kindergarten to double our qualified trained staff from 8 to 16 staff members by offering a discounted 2-day training course delivered in an interesting and professional way. I would not hesitate to highly recommend EndeavourUK”
- Reference from Mrs Mickey Venton, Administration at
Newlands Spring Pre-School:
“I just wanted to write to thank you for the Paediatric First Aid Training course that we booked with you. The staff thoroughly enjoyed this course, and they were extremely happy with not only the course content, but also the flexibility of the trainer, who was happy to spend more time on subjects which the staff needed extra clarification on. They felt he made the course interesting, and also appreciated that they had a relatively high level of experience, and geared the course accordingly.
On the administration side, it was a pleasure to deal with you, as from my first point of contact with yourself, the information provided and the course booking couldn’t have been easier. We would have no hesitation in recommending EndeavourUK to other Pre-Schools.”
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
£120 +vat (Group discounts available)
Essex / London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)