This qualification is ideal for those already working, or preparing to work, within industry who wish to become a First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Subjects covered include Incident Management, Casualty Head to Toe Survey, CPR, Minor Injuries, Major Illnesses, Head and Chest Injuries, Suspected Spinal Injuries, Burns and Scalds and Sudden Poisoning.
- Responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- The respiratory system
- DRSABC – Recovery position – Seizure – CPR – Use of an AED – Choking – External bleeding – Shock – Cuts and grazes – Burns and scalds – Splinters – Fractures & dislocations – Sprains & Strains – Head injuries – Spinal injury – Chest injury – Burns – Eye injuries – Sudden poisoning – Anaphylaxis – Major illnesses – Accident Report
You will also be given a Free First Aid Handbook. Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course. This qualification is valid for 3 years, however we recommend learners refresh annually.
What is First Aid?
The immediate care given to a person who has been injured, or who has become ill, prior to the arrival of qualified medically trained assistance. The main aims of first aid are to:
- Preserve life
- Prevent the Condition from Worsening
- Promote Recovery
Where is this course held?
The 3 day course will be held in London and will be within walking distance of the train station. We are also able to deliver this course around the country at your premises for groups of 8 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This qualification is a 3 day classroom based training course.
- This course starts at 9:30am each day. Please arrive at least 15mins early.
- This course will finish at 4:30pm each day so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence).
- Learners should dress appropriately as you will be doing CPR
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
£225 +vat (Group discounts available)
Essex / London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)