This qualification is ideal for those already working, or preparing to work, within industry who wish to become an Emergency First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Subjects covered include Incident Management, Dealing with Shock, Dealing with an Unconscious Casualty, CPR and Minor Injuries.
- Responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- The respiratory system
- Dealing with the many different types of injuries
- DRSABC – Recovery position – Seizure – CPR – Use of an AED – Choking – External bleeding – Shock – Cuts and grazes – Burns and scalds – Splinters – Accident Report
You will also be given a Free First Aid Handbook.
Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course. This qualification is valid for 3 years, however we recommend learners refresh annually.
What is First Aid?
The immediate care given to a person who has been injured, or who has become ill, prior to the arrival of qualified medically trained assistance. The main aims of first aid are to:
- Preserve life
- Prevent the Condition from Worsening
- Promote Recovery
Where is this course held?
The 1 day course will be held in London or Essex and will be within walking distance of public transport. We are also able to deliver this course around the country at your premises for groups of 6 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This course starts at 9:30am. Please arrive at least 15mins early.
- This course will finish at 4:30pm so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence).
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
£95 +vat (Group discounts available)
Essex / London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)