This qualification is aimed at individuals working in, or preparing to work in, any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol.
Anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol by retail on licensed premises must hold a personal licence. Individuals applying for a personal licence must hold a regulated licensing qualification, such as the Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF).
What is covered on this course?
Subjects covered include the nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence, the application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence, the legal duties of a personal licence holder, the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities, the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body and the law in relation to premises licences.
The learner will
- know the nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence
- understand the application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence
- understand the legal duties of a personal licence holder
- understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- understand the licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives
- understand the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
- understand the law in relation to premises licences
- understand the role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
- understand the law in relation to Temporary Event Notices
- understand the rights and legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to operation of licensed premises
- know the law in relation to the protection of children on licensed premises
- understand the powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licensed premises
- understand prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities
It is assessed by a one hour, 40 question multiple-choice exam. Learners must achieve a mark of at least 28 out of 40 in order to pass
Where is this course held?
The 1 day course will be held in London or Essex and will be within walking distance of the train station. We are also able to deliver this course at your premises (UK wide) for groups of 8 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This 1 day course starts at 9:30am each day. Please arrive at least 15mins early.
This course will finish at 4:30pm each day so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence).
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
Essex / London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)