With the recent changes in the in the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 everyone involved in Constructions needs to be aware of the changes and how it impacts on their role.
This one day course will provide an overview of the legal duties under current legislation for organisations and individuals involved in all types of construction work.
What is covered on this course?
The Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM) are the main set of regulations for managing the health, safety and welfare of construction projects. CDM applies to all building and construction work and includes new build, demolition, refurbishment, extensions, conversions, repair and maintenance.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the legal requirements of CDM 2015
- Identify the roles or the client, principal contractor, principal designer, contractors and designers
- Appreciate the importance of the requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources
- Identify requirement for project documentation
- CDM 2015 overview and application
- Duty holder responsibilities
- Assisting with preparation of the client brief
- Assisting with the preparation of pre-construction information
- Planning, managing and monitoring work during the pre-construction phase
- The elimination, reduction, and control of risks through design
- Health and safety file content and requirements
Successful learners will receive an EndeavourUK certificate of attendance.
Where is this course held?
These courses will be held in London or Essex and will be within walking distance of the train station. We are also able to deliver this course around the country at your premises for groups of 6 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This course starts at 9:30am each day. Please arrive at least 15 mins early.
- This course will finish at 4:30pm each day so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence)
Funding for CITB Levy Payers
CITB Levy payers can receive a grant for this training course. Find out more at:
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
£140 +vat (Group discounts available)
Essex / London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)