This course is for those who have previously passed the full five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course and can provide proof of attendance.
If you have not passed the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) within the last 5 years please click here for the full course information.
Aiming to provide the most up-to-date health and safety knowledge, this two-day course gives a thorough overview of recent legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. Perfect for anyone with accountability for site safety, health and welfare, it can be delivered either as an open course or as a dedicated onsite session.
What is covered on this course?
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction.
Assessments will take place throughout the course, and there will be some assignments to complete.
On successfully completing the course, you will be awarded the CITB SMSTS certificate – valid for five years (This course will need to be repeated before the end of the 5 year period)
Where is this course held?
These courses will be held in London or Essex and will be within walking distance of the train station. We are also able to deliver this course around the country at your premises for groups of 6 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This course starts at 9:30am each day. Please arrive at least 15 mins early.
- This course will finish at 4:30pm each day so please ensure you have made arrangements to stay to this time before you are booked on the course.
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence) and proof of passing the full 5 day SMSTS course within 5 years.
Funding for CITB Levy Payers
CITB Levy payers can receive a grant for this training course. Find out more at:
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
£275 +vat (Group discounts available)
Chelmsford, Essex / Kings Cross, London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)