This qualification aims to prepare learners for employment, or to support a current position within a low-risk role, where there is an element of food handling. This could include bar workers, waiting staff, health care workers, kitchen porters and stock/store room staff.
Topics include the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food.
What is covered on this course?
- Module 1: Understand personal responsibilities for food safety in a catering environment
- Module 2: Understand the importance of personal hygiene in a catering environment
- Module 3: Understand the importance of keeping work areas clean and hygienic in a catering environment
- Module 4: Understand how to keep food safe in a catering environment
This half day course is assessed by a 30 minute multiple choice examination. All learners will also be given an ‘Essentials of Food Safety’ handbook. Successful learners will gain a certificate for this course.
Where is this course held?
The half day course will be held in London or Essex and will be within walking distance of the train station. We are also able to deliver this course at your premises for groups of 8 or more people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- This course starts at 9:30am. Please arrive at least 15mins early.
- At the start of the course you will be required to show one form of ID (Passport or Driving Licence).
Upcoming Course Dates
For all upcoming courses, please contact us on 020 3637 5161
£60 +vat (Group discounts available)
Chelmsford, Essex / Kings Cross, London
For groups we can deliver at your chosen location (UK wide)